The LILPEQr is our take on the classic program (aka final mix) equalizer. It offers high and low frequency shelving bands, each with three carefully selected corner frequencies to choose from, and a switchable fader knob for overall level control.
The LILPEQr emulates the colorful 3D richness and useful responses of our favorite vintage tube (aka valve) program EQs (namely, the Lang PEQ-1 and the Klangfilm RZ062), but in a compact, solid-state format. The LILPEQr will add air, weight, and glue to an already balanced mix. Additionally you can also use the LILPEQr to immediately and intuitively alter the overall tone of an individual source.
When the EQ is first switched in (center switch position - "IN" - LED off) your signal is injected passively into the tone network, directly following the input transformer. As with many classic program equalizers, this configuration allows for the ultimate in wide, lush, mix-buss response with extra "glue" and all that richness.
Flip the switch one more click (upper switch position - "IN+Level" - LED red) to activate the buffered "Level" control. Placed in between the input transformer and EQ network, these discrete, class A buffers change the response ever so slightly, making the signal seem a bit tighter and more focused. This mode is more useful on individual sources within a mix.
Relay true bypass (lower switch position - "BYP" - LED green) allows for easy before and after EQ comparisons, and a simple overall circuit path allows for wide bandwidth so that everything passes through... sounding better! In program mode ("IN"), with both EQ knobs centered, frequency response is +/- 0.5dBu from 20Hz to 20kHz, and extends below 10Hz and well beyond 120kHz before any drooping occurs.
- Big sound, small package
- Major vibe, minimal interface
- High Frequency shelf boost/cut 12dB at 5kHz, 10kHz, or 28.5kHz ("AIR")
- Low Frequency shelf boost/cut 20db at 50Hz, 80Hz, or 160Hz
- Switchable, buffered level control for overall volume adjustment
- Relay True Bypass
- Tricolor LED level meters
- Transformer balanced in and out, with bridging 20kΩ input
- 100% Class A, discrete signal path
- Current consumption: 60mA
- Over Current Resettable Fused (prevents any module problem from affecting your rack)
- ROHS - Lead Free