MA-100 Condenser Microphone
Featuring hand selected 3 micron capsules, high quality Jensen audio transformers and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, the MA-100 performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic small diaphragm tube condenser microphones. The MA-100 power supply can be set for either 115v or 230v via an external switch. Each MA-100 microphone, power supply and cable set is burned in for 24 hours, carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case.
Small Diaphragm - Big Sound!
Why choose a small diaphragm microphone? Because small diaphragm microphones offer some distinct advantages over their larger brethren:
- More consistent polar pattern
- Better transient response
- Ease of placement
Why choose an MA-100?
- Extended low-frequency response
- High SPL handling capability - try putting your large-diaphragm mic on a snare drum!
- Interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules
- Hand-selected 3-micron capsules
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tube
- External switchable power supply voltage
- Ultra clean signal path
- High SPL handling capability
- Acoustic Instruments
- Guitar Amplifiers
- Stereo Pairs (X/Y, MS, etc.)
- Decca Tree
- Orchestral Recording
- Choral Recording
- Voice-overs and Broadcast
TRANSDUCER TYPE: Externally excited capacitor type
DIAPHRAGM: .8" / 20.5 mm diameter
DIAPHRAGM THICKNESS: 3 microns
POLAR RESPONSE: Interchangeable Cardioid and Omnidirectional Capsules
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +/-3dB
SENSITIVITY: -37dB re 1V/pa
MAXIMUM SPL: 120dB
DISTORTION: head amp only , not to exceed .4% @ 140 dB SPL
SELF NOISE: Not to exceed 16dB
IMPEDANCE: 450 ohms, transformer balanced
VACUUM TUBE: 5840 pentode wired as triode, operated as a unity-gain buffer stage (cathode follower)
POWER REQUIREMENTS: 100-120VAC; 220-240VAC, 50 or 60 Hz. Power consumption approx. 10 watts.
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT: Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount and cables: 7 lbs.
Carrying Case: 14"x11"x4"
Microphone: 5.5"x.75", weight .4lbs