During years of success with our BC1 we got a lot of requests of customize units with stepped controls, more suitable for mastering. Therefore we now launch BC2-ME, a unit perfect for mastering. Except for the stepped controls we also added some nice features like illuminated switches, switchable output-stage between electronically-balanced or transformer balanced class-A.
BC2-ME uses the same basic sound path as the BC1, plus the extra features. The class-A mode offers a more vintage tone, like fat, punchy low-end response with more low mid character. The output section is the same as we use in the DP1. BC2-ME also has a switch that adds extra harmonics to the compressed signal. The blend control offers 23 steps from straight to compressed signal.
* All rotary controls stepped.
* All push buttons illuminated. Soft light when not engaged.
* THD switch, adds extra harmonics (even) to the compressed signal.
* Improved VCA circuit.
* Can be upgraded with separate VCA modules that holds up to eight VCA chips in parallel to get as low noise as possible.
* True bypass.
* Stepped precision blend control using a 4-deck ELMA switch.
* Five HPF frequencies.
* Gain-reduction meter with 20 LED's, 0.5dB resolution.
* Ratio starts at 1.25:1
* Threshold -20dB to +20dB. 41 steps. (picture shows -10dB to +10dB)
* Make-up gain 0 to 10dB, 41 steps.
* Output switchable between electronically-balanced or transformer-balanced class-A built around heavy Carnhill transformers.
* Balanced, external side-chain inputs.