- 8 x Analog I/O (96 kHz)
- 1 x ADAT I/O (at 96 kHz via S/Mux)
- 1 x SPDIF I/O (96 kHz)
- 1 x Stereo Analog Output (separate for Submix/Phones)
- 1 x MIDI I/O
- 1 x Word Clock I/O
How to handle a legend? Create a new!
The Multiface II is not only multi because of the many different interface formats supported, but also multi-Channel! The small box using half the space of a 19" rack includes outstanding power and extensive features.
Based on RMEs award-winning Hammerfall technology and equipped with the latest circuit designs of the Fireface 800, the Multiface II offers ADAT optical I/O, SPDIF I/O, MIDI I/O, word clock I/O and a separate hi-power monitor output.
On top there are 8 analog inputs and outputs, balanced and 24-bit/96kHz. All this can be used on laptops as well as on desktop computers with lowest latency and minimal CPU load.
Differences to Multiface I
Significant changes were provided to the internal core. The Multiface II integrates the more advanced featurs of Fireface- and OctaMic series:
- 1 x Hi-Power analog line/headphone out with volume (119 dB(A) SNR)
- analog input stage with advanced CMRR, lower THD and SNR increased by 10 dB
- analog outputs with lower THD
- synchronised and more efficient power supply
- reference level of the analog I/Os is changeable on the front with two different switches. No internal jumpers.
- ADAT Sync connector removed for increased space between the TRS jacks
- Improved enclosure and more generous board layout, improving technical specifications and internal quality.
Of course there are a lot typical RME features on board of the unit:
- 8 x analog line I/O, 24-Bit/96kHz, SNR 111 dBA, 1/4" TRS jacks
- 1 x ADAT digital I/O
- 1 x SPDIF digital I/O
- 1 x Word clock I/O (BNC)
- 1 x MIDI I/O, 16 channels high-speed MIDI
- 1 x hi-power analog line/headphone output, separate output for independent submix
- Hardware level calculation: freely scalable level meters, peak and RMS calculation without CPU load
- DIGICheck, RMEs unique metering - and analyse tool
- TotalMix: 720 channel mixer with 40 bit internal resolution. MIDI remote controllable.
- S/MUX poured in hardware: 4 channels 24-Bit/96kHz for record and playback via ADAT optical
... and numerous other features found already in the Hammerfall series. And all this for an unbeatable price!
The front panel hosts some useful status LEDs, like MIDI state, lock state of the digital inputs and error state of the host-bus. Additionally there's a high-quality 24-Bit/96kHz analog line output, also usable with headphones, and one MIDI I/O.
The rear of the Multiface II shows unrivalled connectivity: 8 analog line I/Os on 1/4" TRS jacks (balanced, 24-Bit/96kHz), ADAT optical I/O (switchable to SPDIF optical), SPDIF I/O coaxial, word clock I/O and MIDI I/O. Don't settle for less!
The headphone output in hi-power technology offers high levels, even with low level headphones. Hence the headphone is direct usable with ASIO Direct Monitoring.
Digital I/Os: One ADAT optical I/O provides eight more channels. The coaxial SPDIF I/O is complete AES/EBU compatible.
The Multiface II can be used with laptops as well as desktop computers. The connection to laptops is achieved via a CardBus cardor an ExpressCard, the connection to desktops via a PCI card or PCI Express card. These interfaces are sold separately.
Just click on the hammer symbol in the systray of the taskbar and the settings dialog of the Multiface comes up. The clear structured, easy to understand window plus the unique informative status windows for input signal, clock mode, sample rate and time code make your work with Hammerfall DSP System to a real pleasure. With a simple mouse click you gain access to the full power of your system.
When working with several digital sources it is not only necessary to know if these are properly locked, but also if they are totally synchronized. RME's exclusive SyncCheck checks all input signals and displays their actual state, and thanks to our new Intelligent Clock Control concept you have all clocks and states under control - with ease.
Regular firmware and driver updates ensure the Multiface II to stay at the top of today's audio interfaces. The latest addition, Disconnect mode, lets you use the unit as stand-alone AD/DA-converter, digital format converter, analog/digital mixer or submixer, and much more.