The S-Type is a typical VCA compressor well known as the core of British sound. Used first in the SSL consoles produced in the 1980s. The heart of the compressor is the THAT chip instead of the now unavailable DBX.
The S-Type is a typical VCA compressor well known as the core of the legendary British sound. The heart of the compressor is the THAT chip instead of the now unavailable DBX. The analogue path is balanced with ultra-fast op-amps. This is the source of completely transparent sound. A minimal level of noise allows the device to be used in recording classical music, including long range recording. The main new feature of the S-Type is the Sidechain HPF regulation. This allows the user to select the lowest frequencies which will not be compressed and more precisely control the bass and dynamics of the mix. Overall the S-Type is a very creative device.
- Great summing and mastering compressor
- - Beat compressor for external drum machines
- - Drum compressor for live drums
- - Can be used to compress single stereo instruments (pads, leads)
- The S-Type is a precision dynamic range controller intended for use in the most demanding professional audio applications. RMS detection, high headroom input circuits and output drivers, give the S-Type its own sonic excellence.
- - Double 500-series module
- - All stepped manipulators (excl. Mix)
- - Parallel Compression
- - Precise LED bar scale
- - Sidechain Filter: OFF, 60, 90, 120, 180, 240 Hz
- - +4dB operating level
- - Maximum Output +21 dBU
- - Max Gain: 20dB
- - Max Gain Reduction: 20dB
- - Frequency response 5Hz to 20kHz; +/- 0.1dB
- - Noise level dBA: -102dB
- - Crosstalk: 101 dB
- - THD+N @0dBU: 0.012%
- - Power consumption 4.5 Watts
- - Shipping weight 2 kg